[PLUG-TALK] Sent Message to MultCo

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Tue Mar 1 16:51:20 PST 2011

Folks,

Just sharing an e-mail message I sent to my MultCo representative on the
problem highlighted by Rich. Perhaps some more of y'all can send a
similar message to your own MultCo reps. There are four elected MultCo
reps, plus a chair, listed at http://web.multco.us/government The
district maps are accessible via Firefox on the home page for each rep.

Thanks,
Mike

************************

Dear Judy,

I was delighted a while back to hear that Multnomah County has dumped
Microsoft products, as noted in this Oregonian article from October
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/multnomah_county_dumps_microso.html

I was doing some research was trying to search MultCo Survey records at
http://web.multco.us/assessment-taxation/maps

When I tried to click on the Multnomah County Survey Records link
(http://gis.co.multnomah.or.us/sail/index.cfm?action=mox52_geologin )

I was told that it requires Internet Explorer, a Microsoft Product. I
found that to be disappointing. As I do not use Microsoft Products, that
means I do not have computer access to MultCo Survey Records.

I hope you can bring this to the attention of the responsible IT folks,
in the hope that you can help make more of the MultCo infrastructure
Microsoft-free in the future.

Sincerely,