[PLUG-TALK] Public Data Accessibility (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 2 17:56:11 PST 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, MJang wrote:

> This was a great opportunity to add a bit more pressure for our
> governments to move to open source solutions.

Mike,

   As the staffer wrote, they don't have budget that can be spent on this.
Once upon a time I seem to recall a plug-government group within our
community. Offering to build a F/OSS equivalent of SAIL for the county
without a time constaint for finishing, and getting contributions from folks
if the county accepts, might be the only way to make this happen.