[PLUG-TALK] Public Data Accessibility (fwd)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 02:24:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:56:11 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>As the staffer wrote, they don't have budget that can be spent on this.

If I had a buck for every time a government employee told me that I
could fund the government single-handedly out of my petty cash.

It's a programmed response, and it is almost always not true. That
is, it is not true in the sense that the government *could* do the job,
they just prefer to spend their resources on other matters. They don't
need additional funding to fix the site; they just need a supervisor
who decides it should be done.