[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: March PLUG Meeting

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 04:52:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:26:02 -0800
Daniel Hedlund <daniel at digitree.org> dijo:

>On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 09:19, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
>wrote:
>> fact, if I had a mini DVI to standard VGA connector I bet I could
>> put it on the screen. In fact, it would be fun to experiment with
>> that.
>
>Maybe you can finally get the projector to run at 1680x1050.

If anyone has a mini DVI to VGA connector/adapter/cable and will be at
the meeting tomorrow, bring it and we'll experiment to see if my Atrix
4G can be displayed on the projector. By "mini DVI" I mean that the
video cable that came with my Atrix 4G ends in a male connector that is
about 9/16 inch wide by about 3/16 inch thick. The VGA connector on the
podium at PSU is a male connector (I think), so the VGA end of the
cable/connector/adapter needs to be female. This is Portland, so gender
bending is acceptable, however, in my experience cables are less
flexible in that area than humans. I might be wrong about the podium
connector, but I know that I have a VGA cable that connects to it and my
cable is female on both ends. Sex is so confusing.