[PLUG-TALK] Public Data Accessibility (fwd)

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Mar 3 06:46:22 UTC 2011

Rich> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, MJang wrote:
>> This was a great opportunity to add a bit more pressure for our
>> governments to move to open source solutions.

Rich>    As the staffer wrote, they don't have budget that can be
Rich> spent on this.  Once upon a time I seem to recall a
Rich> plug-government group within our community. Offering to build a
Rich> F/OSS equivalent of SAIL for the county without a time constaint
Rich> for finishing, and getting contributions from folks if the
Rich> county accepts, might be the only way to make this happen.

What is stopping you?

A few years ago, a friend and I were in on a bid to test the MetroFi
network in Portland.  We weren't selected.  We thought it would be fun
and did it anyway.  In many ways, we did a better job than the outfit
that got the job.  Don't just sit there complaining!  Do something
about it!

As they say on the linux kernel mailing list:

  return -ENO_PATCH;

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net