[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: March PLUG Meeting

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 10:21:14 PST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:44:54 -0800
Alex Young <alexander.young at gmail.com> dijo:

>So, is this the connecter you're referring to?
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DVI

No, I think I used the wrong term. If that is a "mini DVI" then the
video cable that came with my Atrix 4G is not a mini DVI. One end plugs
into the side of the phone (tiny connector, smaller than the smallest
USB connector). The other end terminates in a male connector that is
roughly 9/16 inch wide by 3/16 inch thick, with the left and right edges
sloped to make it keyed. This is the end that needs to mate up with the
VGA input on the podium.

I have no idea what kind of signal the phone puts out. But I'll be at
PSU all day today  for classes, so I can go down to the AVI people in
the basement of Smith and show them my cable. Maybe it can't even be
connected. On the other hand, the literature about the Atrix 4G refers
to connecting it to a TV, so it's probably doable.

It's just a fun experiment to see if it works. If I can't get the right
connectors or cables in time for tonight, no big deal.