[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] A little something for everyone

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Mar 5 14:06:23 PST 2011

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Young <alexander.young at gmail.com> writes:

Alex> The offer of money here makes it look a lot like a job offer as
Alex> Tim noted, and that makes it look a lot like a violation of
Alex> employment law...

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html

I can't say I have done anything but lightly skim that, but it does
appear as if there are limitations on the law (at least in some cases)
that exempt small employers (e.g. less than 15).  I am not a lawyer.
This is not legal advice.

Anti-discrimination laws apparently do not have universal applicability.

Personally, as someone who tries to do good in the world without the
assistance of a supernatural overseer, I try not to be offended by
these things.  And anyway, being offended is okay.  I was never
guaranteed a life free from offense, so I have learned to cope.  I
would say, generally, that it is contrary to the friendly and
inclusive spirit of PLUG to divide and exclude people.

seniorr at aracnet.com