[PLUG-TALK] Rooting Android phone

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 7 15:33:17 PST 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Russell Senior wrote:

> The only complaint I have is that coverage isn't so great in the grocery
> store I frequent.  AT&T was crappy there once upon a time, but had
> improved in recent years.

   Try being in the boonies; for example, ID 51 south of Mountain Home or
anywhere more than 4 miles off I-80 through Nevada. Closer yet, going up Mt.
Hood on 26 (at least, there wasn't cell service there when the alternator on
my vehicle died a number of years ago).

> Wireless sucks ;-)

   That's why I bring a sat phone with me when I go out of town and away from
the I-5/I-84 corridors. Hasn't failed me yet.