[PLUG-TALK] New TV for Mom - Analog to Digital box

Michael michael at jamhome.us
Wed Mar 9 12:06:25 PST 2011

Bill Barry
<michael at jamhome.us> wrote:
>> My Mom's TV died.  My sisters
and I decided to replace it. (She currently
>> has a 14"
loaner with no remote.

>> The rub is that her cable
service, from Charter Communications, is analog.
>> A call to
Charter (answered by a human being!) reveals that to switch to a

digital plan will significantly bump up her bill. They also offered to rent
>> a analog->digital box for $5 a month.
>>
>> It's easy to find analog to digital converters, the reverse not
so.  Can
>> any
>> of you point me to a place to get
such a thing?

> The were all over the place
when the conversion was taking place. The
> government was even giving
out discount coupons to buy them.  I don't
> even use mine anymore,
but would like to keep it for a while. It has a
http://www.dsconverter.com/

> Maybe there are some on
Craig's list.
Those are digital to analog.  I need the other
direction.

--
     Michael Rasmussen

http://www.jamhome.us/