[PLUG-TALK] Phone stuff: Decisions, decisions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 9 22:57:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, wes wrote:

> I believe calendars and to-do lists were also mentioned. The Luddite
> council would not approve, but they don't know about it because they don't
> have smartphones.

Wes,

   A decade ago the PalmOS-based phones such as the Kyocera QCP-6035 were
considered "smartphones" because they combined the Palm PIM toolset with a
wireless telephone. I suppose that in comparison to the current crop of
"smartphones" my Treo 700p is considered to be a "room-temperature-phone".
Perhaps I should call it a "borderline-intelligence-phone" or an
"intellectually-challenged-phone" since we're in PC-land.