[PLUG-TALK] Laptop Memory Question

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Thu Mar 10 23:15:32 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've a Dell Latitude E5410 with the 2G RAM I ordered for it, and I want to
> add more memory. The tech specs on Dell's Web site say maximum memory is 4G.
> My question is if the limit is 4G total (in both slots), or 4G per slot (8G
> total)?
>
>   Does anyone know? I assume (haven't yet looked) that there's a 1G module
> in each slot now.
>
>   Crucial sells RAM for this model at $50/4G board.

Kingston.com is very good for this information:

Standard Memory:	 2 GB  (Removable)  or 4 GB  (Removable)

Maximum Memory:	 8 GB

Expansion:	 2 Sockets

CPU & ChipSet:

Bus Architecture:	PCI Express; SSD - SATA 2.5-inch; USB

Mfgr's System P/N's:	 N/A

Comments	MODULES MUST BE ORDERED AND INSTALLED IN PAIRS for Dual Channel mode.

System supports both DDR3 1066MHz (KTD-L3A) and 1333MHz (KTD-L3B) memory, but will only run at fastest supported memory speed.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net