[PLUG-TALK] Perl Question

Daniel Herrington dherrington at robertmarktech.com
Thu Mar 17 17:48:58 UTC 2011

Rich Shepard wrote, On 03/17/2011 10:38 AM:
>     I found a one-line script to convert .dbf files to .csv:
>
> <http://avi.alkalay.net/2010/08/convert-dbf-to-csv-on-linux-with-perl-and-xbase.html>
>
> dbfdump.pl --fs "," mytable.dbf>  mytable.csv
>
>     The author writes that the dbftools comes with DBD::Xbase. I just
> installed the Xbase module but cannot find dbfdump.pl or dbftools.pl. My
> Google searches also turn up nothing.
I found this:

"Man pages for XBase, DBD::XBase, dbfdump, XBase::Index and XBase::SDBM
are included, examples of little scripts can also be found in eg/
directory of the distribution. Read the DBI man page for DBI specific
issues, and the XBase::FAQ page."

on this site: http://www.adelton.com/perl/DBD-XBase/

Can you man dbfdump?
>     What am I missing and where do I find it?
>
> Rich

Daniel Herrington
Director of Field Services
Robert Mark Technologies