[PLUG-TALK] Portland citizen oversight committee for technology

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Mar 17 12:00:14 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:33:24AM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I think this is an excellent idea. Maybe someone knows him or has
> contacts.

via google:
Dan Saltzman
1221 SW 4th Ave Room 230 Portland, OR 97204
(503) 823-4151   F:(503) 823-3036
dan at portlandoregon.gov

At Congress level and below, politicians will usually talk
to individual constituents.  Their staffs always will.
Saltzman may have someone to answer his phone and handle
his scheduling.  That is the person you really want to
talk to, anyway.  They tell the boss where to go and when,
and would have more of the details.

But don't be surprised if he answers his own phone or email.
Be ready to lay out a cogent plan.

If the goal is to get Saltzman to talk to a PLUG meeting,
perhaps we can arrange for a larger room at PSU and invite
geeks from other groups, too.  Most politicians would give their
right leg to talk to a large room full of citizen volunteers.