[PLUG-TALK] registrar recommendations?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Mar 18 14:06:55 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:43:53PM -0700, nathan w wrote:
> i'm looking into consolidating some of my domains, and registering
> another couple to be used for family mailing lists.

I use Joker.com for my domains.  My work uses godaddy.com.

Godaddy is cheap, and offers good support, but their marketing and
their constant upsells are slimy.

Joker.com is inexpensive, functional, and offers good support.  They are
located in Germany, for what it's worth as far as DMCA/FBI/whatever is
concerned.

Both offer free HTTP forwarding and suchlike.