[PLUG-TALK] registrar recommendations?

nathan w nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Fri Mar 18 17:40:20 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 12:43 -0700, nathan w wrote:
> i'm looking into consolidating some of my domains, and registering
> another couple to be used for family mailing lists.
>
> right now the domains are scattered between MIT and FastHost, and i'm
> looking to put them somewhere trust-worthy. i've had exposure to lots of
> registrars in my work, but it's almost always on the nightmare story
> side of things, so i was wondering if y'all had any domain registrars
> you were pleased with.
>
> thanks,
>
> nathan

joker.com seems to be the most-mentioned here, i'm looking into them. i
really like the gandi.net "no bs" slogan, so i am eyeballing their service as well :) all the domain registrations
are currently still a few years out, but since my fasthost domain was
registered through bluehost originally, i don't even have the direct
login for fast-host (i do have the authcode, so am hoping the reg xfer
won't be a headache.)

thanks much for the input, i'll send a followup when i've decided and
attempted the xfer.

regards,

nathan