[PLUG-TALK] The Latest on the Hemorrhoid Phones

Nathan W nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Sun Mar 20 17:53:35 PDT 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:39:23 -0700 Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net>
wrote

> Nathan> with regards to this and the ability of governments to shut
> Nathan> down the internet at will, as shown recently in egypt and
> Nathan> elsewhere, i am starting to be *really* intrigued by the idea
> Nathan> of mesh networking carried on mobile.
>
> http://www.servalproject.org/
>
> I met Paul in Vienna last summer.  Cool project.
>

> --
> Russell Senior, President
> russell at personaltelco.net

that does look like a really neat project, and the concept of mesh networking
seems like something that you would be familiar with. it's funny that you
responded, i was explaining about the personal telco project to a buddy of mine
at work, as i consider it a related topic.

it's encouraging to see projects like personal telco and serval pushing into
this frontier, makes me wish i were smarter >_<, the research areas look
interesting.