[PLUG-TALK] [Fwd: [Pdx-pm] OSCON and Recruitment]

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Mar 22 10:55:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:51:49AM -0700, Michael wrote:
> If you're looking for a change of scenary and a job,
> or know of skilled people who are, this is an opportunity to sieze.
<snip>

Having moved to Canada and back, I have some comments:
1. If you don't have one already, GET A PASSPORT.
   It's cheap, hard to get in a hurry, and very handy to have.
2. If you haven't already, REQUEST YOUR FBI FILE.
   It may need cleaning-up.
3. If you possibly can, WORK OUTSIDE THE US.
   You can always come home, and it *will* expand your mind and polish your
   resume.  Socking away some non-US assets is icing on the cake.
4. If you're not in a long-term relationship, GO NOW.
   I found True Love, and I sincerely hope you do too.  However, once you
   do, your chances of working abroad (and taking advantage of your free
   time, sense of adventure and sexy exotic American accent) are MUCH LESS.

If you need any encouragement, advice, or a boot in the ass, contact me.
I will buy you beverages and then try to shoo you out of the US.

Just sayin',
  Aaron