[PLUG-TALK] Tools explained

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Mar 23 15:23:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 01:33:50PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   This is based on your work at your new house, right?

I got the list from a friend.  For house work, I would probably
add:

PLUMBING WRENCH:  A mechanism used to wrench shoulders while
attempting to turn couplings rusted for 50 years.

DRYWALL SCREW GUN:  A device for rapidly tearing the heads
off drywall screws while creating a deep circular gouge around
the crater they disappeared into.

STUD FINDER:  Locates electrical wiring to hold drywall screws.

OHMMETER:  An instrument which indicates the presence of line
voltage by emitting smoke.

SAFETY GOGGLES:  develops an opaque layer of condensation to
protect you from the sight of the piss-poor job you just did.

SPADE DRILL BIT:  The quickest way to render a beam structurally
unsound.  To keep the building from being condemned by inspectors,
see DRYWALL SCREW GUN and SAFETY GOGGLES above.

FIRE EXTINGUISHER:  Facilitates prompt evacuation from a room
on fire, as you desperately search all the other rooms where
it might be.