[PLUG-TALK] Trimet and open source

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Mar 25 10:39:15 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:49:15AM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Here's a nice article on Trimet's use and development of open source
> software.  Perhaps we could get one or more of the programmers
> mentioned to give a talk.
> http://www.govtech.com/e-government/Open-Source-Software-Oregon-Transportation.html

They did a great Ignite! talk at GOSCON about how to get OSS into your
local government agency.  In sum: focus on making bureaucrats' lives
better.  Buy-in from elected officials is only useful for providing cover
and impetus for said bureurcats.

I'm hoping to turn my leftover Insignia Infocast into a transit-tracker
display for my office using the nifty instructions they provide.