[PLUG-TALK] Laptop Memory Designations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 27 13:45:07 PDT 2011

   I will upgrade the RAM in my Dell Latitude E5410 to the maximum 8G. The
Crucial Web site shows that both DDR3 PC3-10600 and DDR3 PC3-8500 are
compatible with this system. Same price for both. Apparently, the former is
also labeled as PC3-1333 and the latter as PC3-1066.

   Am I correct is assuming that the 10600/1333 is faster (or otherwise more
desireable) than the 8500/1066?

   My Google searches turn up lots of folks selling the SODIMMs but no
explanation of what the numbers mean or what difference(s) there are between
the two in a given system.

Help?