[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Algorithm's and Compilers PSU...

Alex Young alexander.young at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:55:36 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Russell Johnson <russ at dimstar.net> wrote:

> I'm done trying to explain it to Michael. Maybe if he gets zero replies to
> his messages...
>
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>
> > Can anybody here force this off?

This reminds me of a 'hidden' email list I was once a member of at a large
company, as were all 30K users of the system it tracked the membership of
(oops).  When someone inadvertently emailed the list address, a mail-flood
ensued.

The first few hundred messages were along the lines of "why am I getting
this?" or, "I think you meant to send this to someone else", followed by a
lot of well intentioned people sending "please don't reply all" or "DONT

To resolve this we actually had to stop the mail queues, delete everything
pending for the address, and block sending mail to it.  As PLUG has somewhat
fewer members, I'd hope in this case we could simply rely on self restraint.
 :)

-Alex