[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Algorithm's and Compilers PSU...

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Mar 29 13:25:46 PDT 2011

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Young <alexander.young at gmail.com> writes:

Alex>    This reminds me of a 'hidden' email list I was once a member
Alex> of at a large company, as were all 30K users of the system it
Alex> tracked the membership of (oops).  When someone inadvertently
Alex> emailed the list address, a mail-flood ensued.

Alex>    The first few hundred messages were along the lines of "why
Alex> am I getting this?" or, "I think you meant to send this to
Alex> someone else", followed by a lot of well intentioned people
Alex> sending "please don't reply all" or "DONT REPLY TO THIS".

Alex>    To resolve this we actually had to stop the mail queues,
Alex> delete everything pending for the address, and block sending
Alex> mail to it.  As PLUG has somewhat fewer members, I'd hope in
Alex> this case we could simply rely on self restraint.  :)

A nuclear chain reaction!  If only we could harness it, our energy
problems would be solved.  That is, if we could think of a safe way of
disposing of the waste!

Hmm.  Luckily, we have plug-talk, so take advantage!

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net