[PLUG-TALK] The home lab of Barrie Gilbert

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Nov 18 22:34:46 UTC 2011

Local electrical engineering guru Barrie Gilbert has a nice setup:
http://www.edn.com/blog/Designing_Ideas/41457-The_home_lab_of_Barrie_Gilbert.php

It's amazing to think how we have some of the most brilliant electron-
twiddlers in the world, living in this area.  I've heard and read a little
material about the early days of Electro-Scientific, Mentor and other local
tech companies, and it's nice to see a little recognition.

Some of my favorite moments from engineering school were hearing the
decades-old war-stories that, barring a couple minor changes in technology,
could have happened in Hillsboro a week ago.

Favorite comment from the page: "I think I have seen every one of those
scopes tossed in the dumpster over the last 25 years.  long live the 80's"