[PLUG-TALK] Barging in

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Nov 18 22:52:29 UTC 2011

I usually bike across the Hawthorne bridge, east to west, at about
6:30 am on workdays. Today was no exception.

Only today, I rode onto the bridge just as a lift was being signaled.
Lazy, I didn't want to turn around and fight the flood of inbound
bikers to get to a different bridge.

So I rode up to the stopping position (I was about 5th or 6th in line)
and waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally a barge came into view south of OMSI. So we waited and waited
some more.

My question: Isn't there some sort of regulation that requires that a
barge be in Multnomah County before the bridge is lifted? :-/