[PLUG-TALK] Arduino vs. Other Kid Toys

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 27 23:39:38 UTC 2011

Keith,

   You must have had a educational childhood filled with defective Radio
Shack kits. Others of us had to make do with Erector Sets, Lincoln Logs, and
home chemistry kits. I don't think there was a Radio Shack within radio
range of mid-town Manhattan when I was a kid.

   OTOH, I went to Canal Street where all the surplus electonic stores were
located and bought parts to build my own ham radio receivers and
transmitters. With vacuum tubes! How many know what those were? :-)

Rich
(former W2TXT)