[PLUG-TALK] Suggested DSL modems

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sat Oct 1 15:56:27 UTC 2011

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> What DSL standard does Qwest/CenturyLink use (Northwest
> portland, 274 numbers, if that matters)?
>
> Suggested DSL modems?

I'm using a Zoom X3 with Spiritone+CenturyLink.  The modem is
configured in transparent bridging mode and connected directly to my
OpenWRT router.  This is about as minimalistic as it gets for a DSL
connection.  The Zoom X3 replaced an Actiontec GT-701WG which had
grown flakey with age.  The only negative I have with the Zoom X3 is
that it gets fairly warm.  However, I wouldn't say that it is any
warmer than the Actiontec was, and it's certainly cooler than my old
Cisco 675.

FWIW, here's Spiritone's DSL modem page:
http://www.spiritone.com/technical-support/dsl-modem-configuration

--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com