[PLUG-TALK] I think I need a metal detector

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 2 19:40:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 18:23:01 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I'm afraid the next tool to use will be a shovel.

My shovel and I just finished our investigation. I removed a 6" deep by
3' x 3' square plug of lush sod next to the meter box and dragged it out
of the way. Then I tried to dig down further, but discovered that the
soil underneath was hard and dry - to the point of requiring a pick to
go further.

In other words, the moisture is not coming up from below.

So I dragged the plug of sod back and stomped it into place. My current
plan is to forget about it. Life is full of mysteries.