[PLUG-TALK] Holy-Smoke

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Tue Oct 4 04:31:18 UTC 2011

Not at all. I believe that some people believe that they have been visited by angels or demons.

I do not believe they have been visited by angels or demons. Nor can I explain it, and I do not attempt to do so. There are many possible explanations, including drugs, hallucinations, mental illness, and just wanting to see it bad enough. It's also possible that they actually did see these angels or demons.

I believe that some people believe they have witnessed miracles. I believe these people have experienced something that they can not explain otherwise, so it by default becomes a miracle.

I believe that most pastors, priests, etc, believe what they are preaching.

Actually, I am agnostic, not atheist. I do not claim that there is nor that there is not a God. I feel comfortable in this position due to the fact that there are things that I can not explain, yet I can not definitively state for a fact that there IS in fact, God. Neither position has been proven beyond a doubt.

On Oct 3, 2011, at 8:53 PM, Gregory Salter wrote:

> So, given that, what are the accounts people keep making about being visited by angels or demons? or the accounts of miracles? are they all fake? are all priests pastors an ministers liars? is there no super nature at all? History has recorded accounts of these encounters. not all by whackjobs.
> given those accounts, I am inclined to believe that there is a God, and a Devil, and Angels and Demons are their respective servants.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net