[PLUG-TALK] Religious gene

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Thu Oct 6 03:02:12 UTC 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> It depends on what constitutes the "planet".  Few question the assertion that an asteroid did the dinosaurs in.  Did it jeopardize the planet?  No, unless you are a dinosaur.  So we are not jeopardizing the planet, unless your "planet" is to remain hospitable for us.  Then there is grounds for seeing a threat.

That's the point. The planet will survive us. We may make it inhospitable to our species, and by extension other species. But the planet will go on, and will continue having new life forms come about, and other die out.

The threat is not to the planet.

The threat is to us.

The planet is just fine.

Russell Johnson