[PLUG-TALK] Ice Cream Sandwich features

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Wed Oct 19 20:33:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:58:44PM -0700, Brent Rieck wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> wrote:
>> > There's some drool worth stuff in here:
>> > http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-4.0-highlights.html#UserFeatures
>>
>> I didn't see a "No longer have to sysadmin your phone" feature in
>
> Have to or get to?

It'd be nice to have the option, but I find that I have to sysadmin my
phone just to keep it useable.

>> At least it effing finally has native screenshot capability,
>
> My non-rooted phone has screen shot capability with the back/home key combination.
> Sure yours didn't?

Positive.  There is a convoluted option to plug in the usb cable and
turn it into debug mode, but that's even more of a pain in the ass
than rooting your phone.  Maybe your OEM or carrier has enabled it on
your model/version.

--Brent