[PLUG-TALK] Toaster Recommendations?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Oct 23 20:48:58 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Pete" == Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com> writes:

Pete> I have 4 machines that toast, 2 in use.  A 1973 GE
Pete> Toaster-R-Oven. It finally is having issues that could be
Pete> fixed. The other on is use is a 1934 Toastmaster works just fine
Pete> its only problem is only takes thin sliced bread. Two others in
Pete> storage are from the 1950 both work just fine.

Pete> Something about being made to last vs junk ?

Pete> Can one today buy a 'good' toaster w/o something meant for a
Pete> restaurant ?

Pete> BTW except for the GE, all even have serial numbers,

I "repaired" it by bypassing the door switch.  So it is marginally
less safe than before.  We never open the door when it is on, anyway.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net