[PLUG-TALK] Toaster Recommendations?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Oct 24 16:31:23 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 12:59:47PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:
> We toast bread of various sizes, and bagels, and occasionally toast
> some chopped nuts.

I've no advice regarding toasting gizmos--our toaster is somewhat better
than bad, and we happily traded our toaster-oven for counter-space.

However, for roasting smaller quantities of nuts and seeds, I'd recommend a
hot-air popper with the specific design discussed here:
http://www.sweetmarias.com/airpop/airpopmethod.php

I have a "Toastess" hot-air popper.  It is nearly useless for popcorn, but
roasts 1/4 cup batches of whole nuts very nicely.  I might try coffee next.
(Hmm... or maybe Cardamom pods...)

Anyone who's visited Sivetz Coffee in Corvallis knows how delightful
air-roasted hazelnuts can be.