[PLUG-TALK] Top or Bottom posting?

Patrick "Finn" Robins 13.finn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:31:43 UTC 2011

On 10/26/2011 09:39 PM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> > <...>
> >
> > I must say I have come to appreciate bottom posting.
> >

> > <...>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 00:05, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net>wrote:

I prefer to edit out all but what's necessary to communicate the idea,
> and to insert responses in the middle of the original post, if
> appropriate, to keep each response close to its particular idea in the
> post.
>
> I have definitely come to appreciate bottom posting as default. it helps a
lot on long threads when it is chronologically aligned. That said , on
complex or multi-part questions/threads <snip>or<…>or whatever you like to
edit extraneous lines and interspersing your responses can make it much more
clear.
--
Patrick "Finn" Robins

and those who matter don't mind.