[PLUG-TALK] Contacting Easystreet

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Oct 31 21:17:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Paul Heinlein wrote:
>
>> Is there an explanation of the refusal? I've always found
>> EasyStreet a reasonable company.
>
> <abuse at easystreet.com>: host
> easystreet.com.inbound10.mxlogic.net[208.65.144.3]
>     said: 554 Denied (Mode: normal) (in reply to end of DATA command)
>
>   Same response to messages addressed to postmaster@ and support at .

Interesting: you received an SMTP error 554. That usually means that
the MX on the other end (EasyStreet's mail server, in this case)
doesn't like something about your message body. That is, the sender
and the recipient pass muster, but the message body itself is the
issue.

Are you forwarding a piece of offensive mail or some sort of malware?
The server might be scanning and rejecting it, though the rejection
notice is vague to the point that I'm just guessing.

If so, you might try saving the original message, headers and all, to
a file; then zip or gzip the message file and send it as an attachment
to your complaint.