[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Old television shows and Linux...

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Sep 2 16:30:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 09:32:11PM -0700, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> Star Trek Voyager ended in like 2001 or so.  Star Trek Deep Space Nine
> was over about the same time or sooner than that.  My dad has lots of
> recordings of episodes, but they are probably low quality and his
> collection is undoubtedly incomplete.  I want him to throw them out,
> these VHS tapes take up a lot of space.  He probably will throw them
> out if I can get DVD copies of both series.

The legal way is to buy used copies.

You can also check them out from the Multnomah County Library system
(http://multcolib.org) either directly or via Inter-Library Loan to the
Scapoose Public Library.  You'll have to put them on hold a wait a while.

They are also available for rent from Movie Madness, which is worth a visit
just to look at the movie props and read the shelf labels. :)
If you go, bring your Dad, he'd like it.  It's next to a cart-pod and down
the street from a very good English-style pub.

What you do with the DVDs after you borrow or rent them is your business.
I (and PLUG) cannot condone piracy.