[PLUG-TALK] light sensor question

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Tue Sep 6 22:57:41 PDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> which may no longer be available since all that's sold nowadays are compact
> fluorescent bulbs.

Incandescent bulbs are not yet in fact dead. In fact, This week I purchased a box of 24 60 watt light bulbs for $8 at Home Depot. While I laude the idea of CFLs, until they prove to me that the CFL bulb will actually last longer than an incandescent, I'm not switching until I have to. I have not yet had a CFL that has lasted longer than one year in any application I've used it in. I have many incandescents that have lasted longer than any CFL I've used. Not to mention the mercury in CFLs, the fact that you can't dump them in the waste stream, and no one wants to take them back when they are dead.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net