[PLUG-TALK] light sensor question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 7 06:12:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> On the other hand, I have a 13w CFL that lives in a living room lamp that
> is never turned off, and it is at least five years old.

   FYI (from Wikipedia):

   "The world's longest lasting light bulb is the Centennial Light located at
4550 East Avenue, Livermore, California. It is maintained by the
Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. The fire department claims that the
bulb is at least 110 years old and has only been turned off a handful of
times. The bulb has been noted by The Guinness Book of World Records,
Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and General Electric as being the world's
longest-lasting light bulb."

   Let us know when your CFL reaches that age. :-)