[PLUG-TALK] Potential For Web Site Enhancement Work

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Sep 14 15:34:18 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:16:50PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I know that some of you make your living designing and implementing Web
> sites for retail businesses. There's a local retailer who's undoubtably
> losing business by having a rather shallow site; he lost some of my business
> recently because I could not tell whether he carries what I wanted nor his
> price for it if it is in stock.

Interesting.  Mind, lots of brick-and-mortar retailers would rather have
you call them with stocking questions, and use their site for contact info.

The business my wife manages really couldn't keep current stocking info on
their site; sometimes the answer to the question "do you have X in stock"
is, "If you want it today, I can tell you for sure after 4PM."

BTW, her company's site is horrible and ugly.  I'm gonna replace it with
Wordpress one of these days.   Meantime, it does its job.