[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] VOIP phones for Asterisk

glen e. p. ropella gepr at ropella.net
Wed Sep 28 13:43:37 UTC 2011

glen e. p. ropella wrote circa 11-09-27 11:02 AM:

> Lol!  Thanks to both Michael and Wes for giving me the opportunity for
> such a hearty laugh.

Oops.  I suppose I have Keith to thank for triggering Michael.  Sorry
for misattributing to you Wes.

BTW, this statement:

Michael C. Robinson wrote circa 11-09-28 01:53 AM:
> Make no mistake, I will continue to argue for what needs to happen in
> this community until the prejudice is stamped out.

Has done more to sway me into believing in censorship than any other
expression I've ever seen.  Even the Westboro people and the neo-Nazis
haven't brought me this far.  I have a friend of something like 7 years
who moved way out into the boonies and we hadn't seen her in about 6
months.  She came to visit and, casually, began asserting (parroting,
more likely) some pretty racist opinions and various common crazy stuff
about the illuminati and so on.  I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories
and mythology, which is (I assume) why she felt comfortable talking to
me about these things.  In the end, I ended up printing off a few
journal articles on genetics and the evolution of language, arguing
multiple sides of the issues.  She left with a little fodder to mull
over with her clan.  That's only the most specific, recent encounter.
I've had lots of opportunities to discuss crazy ideas with confused
people and had lots of success doing so.

None of those encounters have demonstrated the cohesive, impenetrable
facade Michael presents.  But perhaps that's simply due to the lack of
face to face contact.

--
glen