[PLUG-TALK] Out of Eden

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Sep 29 14:57:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I believe that person takes a different approach.
> http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2004-May/032032.html

I tend to side with Wil's approach, so +1 from me.

I'll add that I tend to be more thread-biased than person-biased. That
is, once a thread has lost my interest, I just ignore it, regardless
of the identity of those contributing to it. I suspect that means I
miss some interesting twists and turns in a discussion, but it's one
way I deal with information overload.

So I tend to read any new thread, regardless of its origin. If I have
time, passion, and competence, I'll try to contribute. I'll keep
engaging the thread until it dies or loses my interest. Etc.

That means I sometimes try to provide a technical reply to Michael,
even it means that I might just be encouraging something that ought
not be encouraged. Once the thread spins out of control, I just ignore
it.