[PLUG-TALK] MacOS & Android Malware

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 00:43:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Bill Ensley <bill at bearprinting.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/2012 10:59 AM, Russell Johnson wrote:
>> I've been saying for about 10 years that if they wanted to, they could find anyone with a cell phone. It's only been within the past two years or so that articles to that effect have hit mainstream media.
>>
>> Russell Johnson
>> russ at dimstar.net
> My brother works as a Special Agent for Homeland Security doing Cyber Ops.
> I can tell you from our conversations that it's simply not true from a
> legal standpoint.

You you need to admit the evidence in a court of law, yes. If you just
need to track somebody down, you don't have to mention how you did it.

> The technology might be there, but the legal hurdles he must go through
> to gather intelligence is astounding.

There are high barriers to legal usage, absurdly low barriers to
practical usage.

> Even when there is clear and convincing evidence of guilt the paper
> trail is a mile long.

That's for court.

> When there is only suspicion? Forget about it, his superiors send him
> back out for
> something tangible.

Again,for court.

It's like cops planting evidence or using a "stress detector" or lying
to a suspect during interrogation....

-Bop