[PLUG-TALK] Ubuntu desktop to stereo receiver

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Sun Apr 29 21:00:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 1:44 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:02:58 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>
> After much studying I bought this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7hwbzkt
>
> It turns out that my knowledge of stereo equipment was sadly out of
> date. So is my receiver - no digital RCA input, no USB, no Sirius, etc.
> But the above device is far cheaper than a new receiver.

So you are going to configure your desktop to transmit the audio via
the bluetooth dongle to this device? I tried this once with a
bluetooth dongle in my laptop transmitting to my usb stereo
headphones. It worked once after much fiddling with the bluetooth
configuration, but has never worked since.  If yours works, I will
give another stab at getting mine working.

Bill