[PLUG-TALK] Cable TV splitter / amplifier

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 21:24:49 PST 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:20:28 -0800
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>I didn't realize your problem was a specific set of channels. this is
>usually a problem with the wire. your next step is the right one.

Bingo.

Today I bought a 50' S-video cable from Radio Shack and ran it upstairs
from the splitter, bypassing my home coax cables. Problem solved, all
channels clear as a bell.

Now the question is how to fix my home coax wiring in the walls. I'll
bet the problem lies in the connectors attached with a crimping tool
from Fry's. If anyone as any experience with attaching connectors to
coax, your suggestions are welcome.