[PLUG-TALK] Word Perfect export to ascii?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Dec 6 05:18:05 UTC 2012

We have a supplier giving us a lot of printed documents composed
in WordPerfect.  These look like typed letters, and all we care
about is the text.  They claim they cannot export these as ASCII
text, which seems unlikely.  We would like the ascii to feed
into a database, rather than scanning the pages and storing
images.

Does word perfect export ascii text?  If not, is there anything
about a simple WPD file, filtered through Libre Office, that
makes ascii output problematic?  I think we just need to teach
them to use their own tool.