[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Proposal: A PLUG Code of Conduct

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Dec 7 15:26:15 PST 2012

> Even if they don't realize it, eventually they tire out. I've gotten in my
> fair share of useless debates over the years, and the delete key always
> proved to be the most powerful solution.
>
> Oblig xkcd:
> http://xkcd.com/386/
>
> -Ronabop

The cartoon (showing a fellow confronting wrongness on the internet
rather than going to bed with his partner) actually demonstrates
why codes of conduct can be evolutionarily counterproductive.

Imagine actually succeeding in educating the trolls to behave
nice.  Perhaps even nice enough to be tolerated by a partner
of the opposite sex long enough to pass on troll genes to the
next generation.  The human race will degenerate into savagery.

I say, let them rant.  Keep them busy.  Their blatherings will
be annoying, but if we can distract them until they have passed
child-producing age, we have done humanity a great service.