[PLUG-TALK] 1983 Radio Shack Computer Catalog

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 00:23:30 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 04:11 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Moral 1: sell tables, not computers (though both sell batteries).

I bought my first PC compatible back in the early '80s at a computer
store in Newton, MA. The computer came with a 5MB hard drive! After we
wrote the check, the clerk said he's get things together for us. It
seemed to take more time that I expected, but when he finally came out
of the back room he had, not only the box with the computer, but also
another fairly large, flat box. That was the desk that the computer came
with. We were still using that desk up until just a couple of years ago.
I think I might still have the monitor riser for it somewhere.

My first "Winders" machine came with a nice set of NEC speaker. The old
computer is long gone to the bins at FreeGeek, but I'm still using the
NEC speakers.

Some bits of hardware last longer than others.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens