[PLUG-TALK] 1983 Radio Shack Computer Catalog

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Tue Dec 11 04:12:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 04:11:04PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> IIRC, Radio Shack had a computer or two at some retail stores, and
> some disks and cables, but most stores carried little of this stuff.
> I don't remember any "Full Line In Stock" "Radio Shack Computer
> Centers" around Portland, but there may have been some.  The
> local retail stores would order computer stuff for you, back in
> the pre-online-inventory days when orders took weeks to show up.

I was referring more to that fact that Radio Shack once offered
anything at all of unique value.  I enjoyed browsing their stores back
then.  They had a reasonable selection of short wave radio receivers,
CB transceivers, and IIRC, even the occasional ham radio.  Free
battery of the month, and free flashlights during the holidays (with
coupon)!

--
Paul