[PLUG-TALK] Printer (the other kind of) Jam

Robert Miesen robert.miesen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:16:05 UTC 2012

Not necessarily. Toner might cost more up front to purchase, but when
you account for both the (usually) lower marginal cost of printing a
page of paper and the much longer shelf life of a toner cartridge
compared to an ink cartridge, you'll probably save money...so much so
that the savings will pay for the cost of the color laser printer in as
little as a year or two.

Don't take my word for it though: punch the numbers yourself for the
specific make and model of the printer you wish to replace verses the
color laser printer you want to replace it with and see where your break
even point is before you decide to buy.