[PLUG-TALK] Taiyo Yuden - ebay

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Tue Dec 25 21:23:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 10:55:22AM -0800, Michael M. Moore wrote:
> The last time I checked, Taiyo Yuden was still king, even in the DVD-R
> world.  But it's been a long while since I checked, so you might want to
> see if that's still true.  I'm sure it's still true that the "branding" is
> less important than the actual manufacturer.

Hundreds of listings for Taiyo Yuden on eBay.  My last purchase
of T.Y. CD-Rs was for a spindle of 100 a couple of years ago,
so I can't recommend a particular seller.  My predilection for
my next purchase is to buy printables; you can write on those
with a pencil.

Some burning tools (K3b, others) report the manufacturer information,
so you can verify what you get when you use the disk, even if it is
rebranded.  The raw, unbranded spindles are probably cheapest,
though, and you are less to end up with a batch that was underwater
on a store shelf in the Sandy Superstorm.

Let us know now this works out.