[PLUG-TALK] remote key input

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Feb 21 19:45:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 03:42:20PM -0800, wes wrote:
> looking for a device which can act like mouse left button over long range,
> up to 1 kilometer. No public cellular networks available between the device
> and my PC and also no line of sight. It should be as fast as mouse, or
> close to that speed.

Interesting.  Strange, too - why a left mouse button, how do they keep the
mouse pointer on target, and why not use local automation software like
AutoHotKey?  How sensitive is it to false clicks?

I'd start with a "Teensy" board, which can run Arduino and emulate a mouse.
I'd hook that up to a pair of FRS radio handsets (cheap 'n' sleazy) or ISM
band radio modems (profe$$ional.)

Crazy GUI people...

This has a strong scent of "you're doing it wrong",
  Aaron